With the wet weather across Bedford Borough, the Environment Agency and Bedford Borough Council have issued flood updates for the following areas:
- Radwell Bridge, Radwell Road, has been closed due to flooding.
- Flooding is expected in Roxton due to raised water levels on the River Great Ouse.
Sections of the river from Roxton to Newport Pagnell are likely to be affected for a few days.
Motorists are advised to:
- Avoid low lying footpaths near watercourses.
- Plan driving routes to avoid low lying roads near rivers as they may be flooded.
- Take care when driving through flood water. It can be deeper than you think.
For further information on flood alerts and to get advice, visit Bedford Borough Council’s website or check the Environment Agency East Anglia Twitter page.
Now more than ever, we need your help to fund the Bedford Independent’s quality journalism that serves our community...
We choose to champion editorial independence, meaning we report the facts without bias and can stand up to those in power when we believe it’s needed.
We can give a voice to people in our community whose voices may otherwise not be heard. And we don’t have a paywall, so everyone can read the stories we publish for free.
But in this time of crisis, many news organisations all over the world are facing existential threat, with advertising revenues plummeting. We’re no different.
We work hard every day to bring you news, commentary, entertainment and announcements from across Bedford. We hope that, with your help, we’ll be able to continue this for many years to come.
Will you help sustain our work today by clicking below ? Even a small donation makes a difference for our future.
Thank you for your support.