A Bedford man was today (Tuesday) jailed for four months and banned from going to his mother’s home in Kempston for a year.
But the length of time Shane Bavister, 32, has spent in custody means he is due for release from Bedford prison.
Prosecutor Edward Gordon told Luton crown court that Bavister had been made the subject of a restraining order in 2016.
He was banned from contacting his step-father and going within 50 metres of the home the man shares with Bavister’s mother in Springfield Avenue, Kempston.
On 19 May last year he was seen on a neighbour’s CCTV and the following day went to the back door of his mother and step-father’s home where he asked for money and a shower.
He was told there was no money for him and he left.
Mr Gordon said that, since 2016, there had been 15 breaches of the restraining order.
Bavister, of no fixed address, appeared on a video link from Bedford jail, having pleaded guilty to two offences of breaching a restraining order.
Defending, Paul Webb said Class A drug addiction lay behind the offences.
He said: “He has a good relationship with his mother. He sought financial and emotional assistance from her.”
Mr Webb said Bavister was “extremely remorseful” and was confident he was now in a better place to address his drug use. He said on his release he had been offered accommodation at a hotel due to the pandemic.
Recorder Claire Davies sentenced him to four months in jail and banned him from contacting his step-father or going within 50 metres of Springfield Avenue for 12 months.