“Taken from us in cruelest way” – tribute to murdered Bedford man

82

The family of a man who was murdered in Bedford last week have spoken of their devastation at his death. Przemyslaw Golimowski, 30, died after being attacked at his home in St Mary’s Street on Friday morning.

In a statement through Bedfordshire Police, his family said: “Przemyslaw was a much loved son, father, partner and brother. He has been taken from us in the cruellest way and we are devastated at his loss.

“He was a happy, smiley and cheerful man who had the best years of his life ahead of him. He was generous with his time and would have done anything to help anyone.

“We would ask that our privacy is respected at this difficult time.”

Jamal Jeng, 21, of The Close in Clapham, near Bedford, has been charged with murder in relation to the incident.

Detectives investigating the case have now set up a page on the UK Police Major Incident Public Reporting Site which you can access here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/1227

Detective Chief Inspector Adam Gallop, investigating, said: “Our thoughts are with Przemyslaw’s family and friends at this very difficult time. While we have charged one man in connection with the attack, the investigation continues and we are still looking for information.

“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of St Mary’s Street in the early hours of Friday morning, who saw anything suspicious, or can help us understand why Przemyslaw was targeted, to please come forward.”

As well as the new webpage, anyone with any information is asked to contact Bedfordshire Police through the force’s online reporting centre or by calling 101, quoting Operation Woodleigh. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.