- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- Full Time
- £17,500 – £18,250
- Job description
Job Purpose: To work as part of the housing team to provide a person centred, effective service to residents aged 16-65. As Team Administrator, you will act as the first point of contact for both clients and visitors and will be required to deliver a professional, welcoming service to all. You will support your team by providing administrative services, along with a range of health & safety checks and audits to maintain a place of safety for the residents.
Responsible to: Team Leader
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of call, answering telephones, taking messages and resolving queries wherever possible.
- Maintain the security and safety of the residents and building by undertaking site walks, monitoring CCTV, assisting with room checks and ensuring guests are aware of all relevant procedures.
- Check fire safety equipment is adequate and report any health & safety or repair requirements, maintaining records as required
- Work as part of the housing team to ensure that voids are processed promptly
- Manage the processing of referrals to the service and update support staff as necessary
- Assist Housing Coaches in supporting residents to maintain their accommodation
- Maintain petty cash, manage stock and record sales of electricity cards and laundry tokens etc. and report accurately to finance in line with YMCA Bedfordshire procedures
- Accept cash rent payments from residents and update the resident rent accounts
- Provide administrative support including: written correspondence, telephone calls, distribution of mail, maintaining manual and electronic records etc.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with external professionals & contractors
- Be instrumental in promoting excellent safeguarding practices in conjunction with Local Authority and YMCA Bedfordshire’s safeguarding policies
- Ensure full understanding and operation of In-Form Hostel Management System and ensure client details are updated as appropriate
- Participate fully as a member of the team to ensure that services are provided and maintained to a high standard
- Be flexible to the changing needs of the Housing services, YMCA Bedfordshire and its service users.
- Abide by all YMCA Bedfordshire staff and working policies and procedures
- Promote the aims and purposes of the supported accommodation services and YMCA Bedfordshire
- In addition to the duties set out in this job description the post holder may at times be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet the needs of YMCA Bedfordshire
Closing date – 26/02/2021
- How to apply
- Please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org