- Creative Support
- Health & Social Care
- Kempston, Bedford
- Up to £8.90 per hour
- Job description
Closing date: 18/01/21
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team near Kempston, Bedford.
We are recruiting Weekend Support Workers to an established team of staff supporting people to enjoy an excellent quality of life. The Supported Living service in Kempston, Bedford contains purpose built flats which support individuals including those with learning disabilities, mental health support needs and who are on the autistic spectrum.
The service has a variety of different hours to support people which are tailor-made care packages. Tenant’s hours can vary from 12-5pm, 7am-2pm and 2-10pm; the shift pattern is to ensure the tenants get the support they require to have the one to one support they require to have a fulfilled life.
Support Worker Duties:
- Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support,
- Assisting Service Users to participate in the local community,
- Ability to work flexibly in shifts over the weekend, possibly including sleep ins,
- Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users,
- Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service.
Although we value relevant experience of supporting people with a learning disability or autism you do not need to have prior experience if you can demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS
- How to apply