- Milton Keynes Council
- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- Milton Keynes
- Full time
- £30,451 - £34,728
- Job description
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
We’re seeking a Senior Executive Assistant to join our small team. You’ll provide and manage comprehensive 121 support to one of the Directors within the Corporate Leadership Team in a modern and professional environment where pace, attention to detail and your experience of dealing with people at a senior level will be relied upon every day. You’ll set high standards of written and verbal communication when investigating issues, conducting research and composing responses to inbound correspondence, along with tracking and progressing actions to ensure deadlines are met. You may be required to be responsible for the line management of other support staff assigned to support the Director as necessary, therefore previous experience of line management would be beneficial. This role is site based at our Civic Offices. This vacanancy will remain open until the post is filled.
- Provide and manage a comprehensive, confidential executive support service to the Director
- Manage a complex diary and undertake forward planning for all meetings, visits, engagements and other activities, which may include complex minute taking
- Act as first point of contact for the Director, prioritising issues and dealing with as much as possible yourself or commissioning responses where it is not necessary to refer the matter upwards
- Regularly monitor inboxes, progressing emails and responses, dealing with and making judgements where appropriate
- Progress issues, complaints and actions on behalf of the Director forwarding them to appropriate colleagues and/or relevant stakeholders within agreed timescales
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Level 4 Business Administration qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Significant Executive Assistant experience working to Director/Board level, including proven success in working within complex, fast paced environments
- Experience of taking minutes at complex meetings. Ability to analyse, summarise and record relevant information clearly and concisely
- Ability to effectively manage a team to perform to high standards and continuously evolve and improve
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues involving colleagues at all levels, building positive relationships and networks to get the job done.
- Excellent IT skills and demonstrable high level of competence in the full MS Office suite and MS Teams and ability to quickly and confidently learn and utilise a variety of different IT systems
Closing date: 30/09/2021
- How to apply