- Central Bedfordshire Council
- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- 15 hours per week over 5 days
- £ 22,183 - £24,491 per annum pro rata
- Job description
SENDIASS supports young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) and parents or carers of children with SEND, to feel confident in engaging in conversations about their education, to feel confident in their knowledge of the law and empowered to express their views. The service operates at arms-length from the Local Authority.
We are seeking a motivated individual who has excellent communication skills and is enthusiastic about supporting families, in particular in relation to special educational needs. Experience of working directly with members of the public in an advisory role is highly desirable and knowledge of SEND legislation would be beneficial though training will be provided.
- To support the SENDIASS team in delivering an efficient, high-quality service which is compliant with national minimum standards and meets the needs of the local area.
- To provide professional and welcoming initial point of contact to the service, and operate within the structured workflow of the team to ensure timely responses to those seeking information, advice and support.
- To provide initial relevant and accurate signposting information within a structured framework of support
- To handle sensitive and confidential information following SENDIASS policies and GDPR legislation, including gathering and recording data to facilitate the service operations
- To support the team in raising awareness and reach of the service
- To support the team in maintaining an independent website and social media platforms
- To support the SENDIASS Manager with financial data recording and processing.
Working within SENDIASS every day will be different, and each day will present its own challenges! The ability to settle quickly to the role and work under pressure to tight deadlines are a must.
Supporting our clients to achieve positive outcomes and success presents the opportunity to find your greatness.
Join us, take advantage of being part of a successful team with the chance to learn, progress and make a difference. Find your greatness by helping us to deliver better services to the local community.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire ‘A great place to live and work’.
To assess your suitability for the role, you must demonstrate how you meet the key outcomes, accountabilities and competencies. To do this, you’ll need to refer to the Family Profile, Role Profile and Competency Framework which can be found in the Recruitment Pack: SENDIASS Business Support Officer
For an informal conversation regarding the role, please contact : Abigail Stone at Abigail.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0300 300 8088
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com.
Central Bedfordshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records.
Closing date: 16/05/2021
- How to apply