- St James' CE VA Primary School
- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- 35 hours/week - 8am-4pm Monday to Friday Term Time only plus 10 days in the school holidays
- £12.42 per hour
- Job description
‘A Rainbow always appears in the clouds’
Governors are looking to appoint an administrator to provide support across the school, to start in September 2022. The post is for 37 hours per week, between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday, during term time plus 10 days worked in the school holidays. Main duties include:
· Delivery of efficient and professional reception and first point of contact for visitors, callers to the school and parents/families, dealing with enquiries and management of office email
· Provision of effective administrative support for the school, to include completion of statutory returns, monitoring daily attendance registers, maintaining pupil records, production and distribution of school publications and letters home
· Acting as the Named Person for First Aid
· General administrative and clerical duties
You will have excellent inter-personal, communication and IT skills, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience of using a school’s management information system will be beneficial (such as SIMS, Arbor, Integris). You will be able to work under your own initiative as well as take direction and work positively within a small team, with good understanding of confidentiality and privacy, equal opportunities and health and safety procedures. Sensitivity and empathy for young children and their families is paramount and support for our school ethos – our children come first at all times.
Further details can be obtained from the school website or school office. Applications will be considered on receipt and shortlisted candidates interviewed shortly thereafter, therefore early applications are advised and welcomed.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications irrespective of race, sex, marital status, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation or political belief.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. St James’ C of E VA Primary School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Completed applications are to be returned to the school using the school application form – CVs will not be accepted
- How to apply