- Luton Borough Council
- Health & Social Care
- Full Time
- £39,880 - £42,821 a year plus £3,203 car benefit allowance
- Job description
Our children services department are looking for a Practice Lead to work in their Family Wellbeing Service Hub. This role will be assisting the Practice Manager with managing and directing of the hub, staff team, resources and budgets in order to identify, assess and provide the services and intervention needed to support children, young people, families and carers where a child is vulnerable, in need, disabled, or at risk of harm.
This is a crucial and rewarding role where you will be enabling children and young people to remain safe within their home or community environment to make sure they achieve good outcomes through effective intervention.
We are looking for someone who has in depth experience of working with children, young people and families in children’s services. Our ideal candidate will need experience of complex decision making, case work, advising, coaching and supporting staff.
You’ll need to be a strong communicator and be able to assist in managing, motivating and developing a team working within children’s services. You will need to be able to lead and chair multi-disciplinary meetings and be able to negotiate and influence service users, staff at al levels, elected members and other professionals both internal and external.
You will have the opportunity to develop on your already existing knowledge of legislation and statutory responsibilities relating to Children and Family Services, including appropriate performance indicators and quality standards and knowledge and understanding of child development and issues of family dynamics with some understanding of service eligibility criteria concerning need and risk of significant harm.
We do ask that you have a relevant professional qualification or a relevant graduate level qualification, or equivalent, in social care, education, health or children’s services, and substantial relevant experience, training and competence.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
– flexible working arrangements – we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
– 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
– generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
– local government pension with generous employer contribution
– excellent support and development
– relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
– half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
– discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
– Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing
Closing date: 20/04/2021
- How to apply