- Central Bedfordshire Council
- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- Priory House, Shefford
- Full time
- £24,491 - £27,186 per annum pro rata
- Job description
Central Bedfordshire Council is going through an exciting period of change, with a new Director of Place and Communities to lead on helping to create successful and thriving communities from infrastructure and development to planning and environment. The new Director is looking for a PA to help her in this work by providing excellent administrative support. This pivotal role requires someone who can anticipate needs and provide the best possible support from diary management to liaising with a range of colleagues internally and externally. We would like to hear from you if you are a PA who has worked at a strategic level or have a strong background in administration or business support and are looking to make the next move.
What is important is your proven experience of:
• Thinking creatively and working on your own initiative
• Confidentiality, integrity, and reliability
• Excellent attention to detail with high standards of written work including reports, emails or notes of meetings
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, including diary management and the ability to prioritise
• Being able to anticipate what is needed to ensure that the Director is ready for her day, week and month and has what she needs well in advance
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc
In return we will offer you flexibility over your working environment, including time in the office and working at home and a friendly, supportive team, backed by a high quality training programme.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire ‘A great place to live and work’.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Lorna Carver at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12th October 2021
Interview Date: 18th October 2021
- How to apply