- BMI Manor Hosptial
- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Job description
BMI Manor Hospital in Bedford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain’s leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Closing date: 24/01/21
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- GCE/GCSE’s subjects to include English Language
- Word Processing/RSA II
- 1 year part qualification RSA Part I
- Typing skills (WP/RSA/PC Literate)
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with empathy and the ability to generate rapport with individuals rapidly
- You will have confidence and ability to convey information in a clear and concise way
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good time management and multi-tasking abilities –
- Ability to work on own initiative making informed decisions within area of responsibility.
- Ability to remain calm and retain control when faced with difficulty.
- Must possess a wide range of Medical Secretarial knowledge in a number of specialities but mainly Gynaecology and Orthopaedic preferred.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide the highest possible standard of secretarial and clerical support, ensuring that the service is professional, effective and makes optimum use of the resources available
- Provide secretarial support to Consultants, clients and hospital staff
- Ensure that typed documentation is of the highest standard
- Maintain accurate documentation and files
- Communicate effectively/timely all verbal and written messages, responding to urgent requests
- Closely liaise with bookings/admissions office regarding requests via Consultants for patient admissions
- Collate information as required/requested
- Answer and respond to telephone enquiries
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Insurance
- BMI Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- BMI Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work – and much more!
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Laura Iaciofano on 01234 369041
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Standard Disclosure Check
Disability Confident – Committed Employer:
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer BMI we endeavour to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations within BMI. If you require reasonable adjustments for your application, interview or during your onboarding/induction process BMI will support you. For more information on the Government’s Disability Confident Employer Scheme, please click here
BMI Healthcare is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people, and vulnerable adults by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from harm. All staff will receive appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out.
- How to apply