- FCC Envirornment
- Driving / Transport
- Full time
- Job description
To operate and drive company vehicles in a safe and efficient manner whilst meeting all legislative and company standards. To meet and exceed team objectives and provide a high level of customer service at all times.
Duties and key responsibilities – Operational
Within this key customer facing role, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a company vehicle and assist in providing an effective delivery and collection service to the customer as necessary.
Other duties include:
– Communicate any customer issues or complaints promptly to the line manager
– Ensure that all legislation regarding EU tachograph regulations and working Time Directive are met at all times
– To ensure that loads are safe and legally compliant at all times
– Complete vehicle daily checks and ensure vehicle is roadworthy, ensuring that any vehicle you drive and equipment you use is mechanically safe and sound as far as is required by you as a driver, before the vehicle is used on or off road
– To promptly report any vehicle defects or damage to the line manager
– Check and correctly use any paperwork issued in relation to the load(s) carried
– Keep vehicles clean and in good order
– To drive in a safe and efficient manner at all times, complying with all road legislation
– LGV Class 2, with past experience driving a Roll on/off hook loader rigid vehicles
– Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules
– Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix
Other organisations may call this role HGV Driver, Driver, Lorry Driver, or Delivery & Collections Driver.
Closing date: 03/06/2021
- How to apply