- Active Luton
- Health & Social Care
- Full Time
- £23,576 per annum
- Job description
Active Luton is looking for a Healthy Lifestyle Specialist to join the team to deliver on the long term condition and exercise referral programs
Exciting opportunities are available for passionate, enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Healthy Lifestyle Specialists with experience and an interest in delivering physical activity including 1:1 sessions in the gym, small group sessions and a range of different classes. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, this front line role will lead the planning, development and delivery of an inclusive range of high quality lifestyle programmes to people who are experiencing a long term condition and need exercise to help manage their condition both physically and emotionally within Active Luton’s facilities and community settings.
We would like to hear from you if you are:
- Hold a minimum level 3 qualification in either personal training or GP referral
- Creative and proactive with strong planning, time management, empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in community development and engagement.
- Passionate about making a difference to communities across Luton
- Hold a full driving license
- Hold any level 4 specific exercise qualifications related to any long term condition (desirable but not compulsory)
This post is subject to DBS clearance.
Active Luton is a charitable trust offering leisure and sport, health and wellbeing, community outreach and training and education services to make sure that everyone in Luton has access to opportunities to get active.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Sarah Simmonds, Senior Health Specialist Manager on 01582 400272 or email email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 12 August 2022, 11:59pm
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applicants
As well as good rates of pay and great opportunities for training and progression, as an employee of Active Luton you will benefit from:
– generous holiday entitlement
– good pension scheme with generous employer contribution
– excellent support and development
– heavily discounted multi-centre membership to all Active Luton centres
– 20% discount on food and drink (excluding alcohol) in our cafe
Closing date: 12/08/2022
- How to apply