- Milton Keynes Council
- Milton Keynes
- Full time
- £75,786 - £83,587
- Job description
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
Leading a strong and stable Legal Service, the post holder will have a central role in enabling the Council’s ambitious plans and strategies by personally advising or arranging delivery of advice. A key element of the role is being the Council’s Deputy Monitoring Officer and together with the Director Law and Governance administering the code of conduct complaints process across a fully parished Borough.
- Deputy Monitoring Officer for the Council.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues across the Council.
- Proactively lead and manage the delivery of Legal Services.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Practising Solicitor or Barrister.
- Post graduate management qualification or evidence of senior management development.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of local government law and practice.
- Strong legal adviser and communicator.
- Ability to prioritise and juggle competing complex issues.
- Exercise sound judgement in the public interest.
- Proven track record of managing large teams.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Highly motivated and driven.
- Confident in advising committees and other public meetings.
closing date 31/10/2021
- How to apply