- Luton Borough Council
- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- Part time - 14.8 hours
- £20,903 - £23,080 a year, pro rata
- Job description
Our department are looking for someone to maintain the systems necessary for the delivery of an effective and efficient governor support and training service. This role will include maintaining GovernorHub; developing & supporting the governor development programme; and providing governors with the correct information and advice regarding governor training and support.
You will be expected to Deal with Governor Helpline queries (telephone, email & face to face); direct specific enquiries and provide advice & support when appropriate. Photocopying, filing, scanning, ordering, document production, and emails; ensure electronic records are kept up-to-date (Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word); update governor elearning records (Learning Link).
We are looking for someone who has organisational skills, able to maintain detailed record systems, accuracy of information, and work to changing demands and priorities.
We do ask that you have experience on the use of IT databases and spreadsheets as well as experience of online systems.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet technology.
Applicants for this role will need to be able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the service and attend occasional evening meetings.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
– generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
– flexible working arrangements – we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
– 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
– local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
– excellent support and development
– relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
– half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
– discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants are required to declare all unspent cautions and convictions; and also any adult cautions (simple or conditional), and spent convictions that are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020). A person’s criminal record will not in itself prevent a person from being appointed to this post. Applicants will not be refused posts because of offences which are not relevant to, and do not place them at or make them a risk in, the role for which they are applying. However in the event of the employment being taken up, any failure to disclose such offence, as detailed above, will result in dismissal or disciplinary action by the Authority.
Closing date: 24/09/2021
- How to apply