- Milton Keynes Council
- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- Milton Keynes
- Full time
- £27,852 - £32,020
- Job description
Executive Assistant to the Leader and the Cabinet is an important role in our Democratic Services team providing professional and confidential administrative support.
You’ll often be the first point of contact for people meeting our political leaders, so you’ll take pride in representing the city council and the essential work that councillors do.
You’ll be confident, friendly, and well organised, as you’ll support councillors and work closely with colleagues to organise and plan meetings, travel, and other work.
Ideally you’ll have experience in supporting senior people, but that’s not essential. We’re keen to hear from people who are welcoming, who enjoy and who are good at administrative work and who are confident using Microsoft Office programmes such as Outlook and Teams.
As part of our Democratic Services team, you’ll also have an opportunity to help with elections, which happen most years, and other major projects.
Milton Keynes City Council is a modern and friendly place to work. We offer an excellent benefits package including an enhanced pension, generous holiday allowance starting at 28 days as well as a great range of training and development opportunities to help you in your career.
The team will be looking to carry out interviews during the week commencing 11th December
- Provide secretarial / administrative support to the Leader of the Council and the Cabinet.
- Plan, organise and manage the diaries of key Councillors and ensure they are prepared for meetings.
- Help key Councillors keep track of actions and progress.
- Manage, filter and signpost enquiries for the Leader’s Office
- Work quickly, accurately and accurately using Microsoft based IT systems.
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone with experience of providing administrative support to senior people.
- Someone who has good communication skills and high standards of written and spoken English.
- Someone who enjoys a fast paced environment and has good attention to detail.
- Someone who takes pride in representing Milton Keynes City Council with residents and other important stakeholders.
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, excellent pension scheme widely regarded as one of the best available.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card – Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
Closing date – 03/12/23
- How to apply