- Bedford Hospital
- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (7 day working; Monday-Sunday, 8am-6pm (4 days per week))
- £22,549 - £24,882 per annum
- Job description
The Integrated Discharge Team are looking for dynamic new staff members to support with the daily operations of patient discharge across the Trust. This is an exciting opportunity for with potential for personal development and career progression.
To undertake this role you will need to have a very positive and pro-active approach. You will also need to be a reliable team player, be capable of using your initiative and have excellent communication skills as you will be liaising with people of all disciplines across this and other Trusts.
The successful candidates will need to be practical and calm under pressure self-motivated and able to motivate others. This includes having excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Main duties of the job
*PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY*
The Integrated Discharge Team are looking for a number of Discharge Officers to work on wards within DME, Medicine & Surgery.
The post holders will be working in a fast paced environment needing to have strong organisational skills and be confident in their own abilities. Their communications skills will be key to being successful in the role. They will be required to work closely with their clinical colleagues both medical and nursing and will also need the ability to be able to work independently. Post holders will need to be able to link in with a number of other teams both internally and externally who are working towards a safe discharge for the patients.
At times the issues are complex. Familiarity with the IT systems used throughout the Trust would be an advantage. Their role is both varied and interesting and potentially will offer another dimension for those who have the administration and clerical skills.
Working pattern: Monday to Sunday; 37.5 hours per week
Working for our organisation
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides hospital services to a growing population of around 700,000 people living across Bedfordshire and the surrounding areas across two busy hospital sites in Bedford and Luton. Both hospital sites offer key services such as A&E, Obstetrics-led Maternity and Paediatrics. You will be joining a friendly, high performing Trust committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff. As one of the largest NHS Trusts in our region you will have access to a programme of high quality training and development to help you grow your career. We have state-of-the art facilities placing us at the heart of cutting edge health care. The Trust continues to be committed to delivering the best patient care using the best clinical knowledge and technology available.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date when sufficient number of applications have been received. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post. Travel between hospital sites may be required.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To be responsible for discharge planning from the point of admission ensuring that discharges are expedited in a timely manner maximising the use of hospital beds and reducing length of stay.
- To work with the discharge team and multi disciplinary teams to ensure patients, relatives & health professionals both inside and outside the trust are all working together to achieve the same goal of safe and seamless discharge.
- To liaise daily with medical staff & ward managers to review all patients supporting and facilitating discharge decisions and progress chasing any outstanding diagnostics and reviews.
- To progress chase patients through their whole hospital journey and ensure patient’s, relatives and colleagues are kept up to date with progress and delays.
- NHS experience
- Patient experience
- Experience of working with various stakeholders
- Knowledge of NHS
- Knowledge of role
- Knowledge of integrated working
Closing date: 29/06/2022
- Knowledge of community health provisions
- How to apply