- Milton Keynes Council
- Milton Keynes
- Full time
- £30,451 - £34,728
- Job description
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
Following a restructure of business support across Children’s Services, we have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Deputy Business Manager to support the hub. Children and Families is a fast paced hub, working with professionals from partner agencies to resolve safeguarding concerns around the safety or wellbeing of a child. As a result, the agencies are able to act quickly, ensuring that vulnerable children and families are kept safe. A major part of the role is to deliver effective and professional Business Support as well as to provide a proactive and “forward thinking” approach, to encourage and support with the use of technology and support development of the Business Support hub. Ideally, you will have experience of working in a social care environment with management qualifications and/or experience of managing a large team.
- To provide comprehensive administrative support to Head(s) of Service to ensure they are able to work as efficiently as possible.
- Prioritise the demand on the Business Support service, ensuring critical areas of work are managed effectively e.g. minute taker provided for statutory meetings, databases updated in accordance with agreed standards, statutory regulations, policies and procedures.
- Proactively develop professional knowledge, skills and behaviours by developing staff through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Tackling any under-performance or unacceptable behaviours to ensure a consistent and professional level of service is delivered in line with Milton Keynes Council’s policies and procedures.
- Act as the principal point of contact for the assigned Head(s) of Service and business support hubs working across a range of complex areas.
- Support the management team in the inspection framework including any other scrutiny and review initiatives as agreed with the Business Manager. Ensure effective working arrangements and relationships in respect of Health and Safety, Business Continuity Planning, ICT functions and other corporate initiatives.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- NVQ Management level 4 or equivalent or able to demonstrate significant administrative experience.
- Experience of managing a team working to tight deadlines in a results-focused environment.
- Excellent IT skills, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to quickly and confidently learn and utilise a variety of different IT systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will promote high staff morale, motivation and engagement through effective people management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with experience in report writing, data analysis and presentation.
closing date 22/10/2021
- How to apply