- Luton Council
- Admin/ Secretarial / PA
- Full time
- £20,903 - £23,080 a year
- Job description
Are you looking for a fast paced role that offers exciting new challenges every day? If so, we want to hear from you.
As a Council Tax Officer, you will work as a member of the team and be responsible for the billing administration and collection of Council Tax.
As part of your responsibilities, you will process credit balance reports, new and cancelled Direct Debits for Council Tax, bills and reminders in accordance with agreed procedures and deal with responses. You will also deal with all correspondence as well as other forms of communication, update and maintain records in line with pre-determined targets and assist in determination of statutory relief’s, discounts and exemptions from Council Tax and systematic renewals of entitlement.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrable knowledge of high volume billing procedures, able to plan and organise own workload to meet deadlines and target. You also will be expected to have attained IRRV technician or working toward such qualification, or relevant experience.
So, if you have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of customers and use and accurately maintain manual and computer records, then we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
– flexible working arrangements – we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
– 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
– generous holiday entitlement
– local government pension with generous employer contribution
– excellent support and development
– relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
– half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
– discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
– Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing
- How to apply