The Marston Vale Community Rail Partnership say the Marston Vale Line service between Bedford and Bletchley should resume next month.
Meanwhile, they have a replacement bus service in place making limited stops at Bedford, Bedford St Johns, Stewartby, Lidlington, Ridgmont, Woburn Sands, Bow Brickhill and Bletchley.
A full timetable, with bus pick up points is available here.
The bus will also be running on Saturdays, but a timetable is yet to be published.
While staff will be on duty at Bedford’s Midland Road station and Bletchley, they have already issued advice to help passengers before they travel.
- Non folding bicycles can be carried on the limited stop service
- Vehicles on both services are accessible
- Passengers are asked to buy tickets in advance where possible
- Pre-booked tickets can be collected from the ticket vending vachines at all stations along the Line
- Tickets can be purchased from the Ticket Vending Machines on the day of travel with a credit or debit card.
- Please observe social distancing when travelling
London Northwestern Railway, who run the service, say they are committed to re-introducing train services as soon as possible.
They are also asking passengers to answer a few questions about the replacement bus service, so they can provide the right level of service to match demand.
The service was suspended due to a fault with the level crossings at Stewartby and Kempston Hardwick.
Network Rail say they have identified the cause of the problem and are making good progress in getting it fixed.