• 4 Bedrooms
  • 2Bathrooms
  • 2Rooms

Property Summary

*VIRTUAL TOUR AVAILABLE*
please email for the link

This beautifully refurbished Grade II family home has been sympathetically restored and modernised to suit family living close to the heart of the popular village of Stagsden.

The property is steeped in history and was built in 1729 as a private home being converted from a private residence to a public house in the late 1700’s and stayed that way until the mid 1950’s when it was converted back to a residential home. For the full history and details of the property please search
bedsarchives.bedford.gov.uk.

The property is accessed via hardwood electric gates with intercom and remote mobile access, leading to a gravel driveway providing parking for several vehicles.

The long and light hallway leads to a stunning 23ft Kitchen/Breakfast room with farmhouse style bespoke handpainted units with quartz worksurfaces over and a feature ingle nook fire place and log burner. The sitting room is 22ft with exposed period beams leading onto a beautiful double aspect dining room with feature cast iron fireplace and French oak flooring. To the rear of the ground floor is an office/ bedroom 4 (ideal for home working), downstairs shower room and a tanked and lined utility/cellar.

To the first floor is a large landing leading to a 13ft master bedroom with steps down to a large dressing room dressing room which could easily accommodate an en-suite as the plumbing is directly below in the cellar/utility, bedroom 2 has built in wardrobes, bedroom 3 is also a double. The family bathroom is well appointed with a refitted 4 piece suite with separate bath and shower.

Outside is a double garage with power and light connected (previous permission was given to rebuild the garage with an office / games room over, this permission has since lapsed). The plot is just under 0.2 of an acre in total and the mature well established gardens are mainly laid to lawn with a variety of shrubs, trees and flower to borders.

Stagsden village is situated 4 miles west of Bedford and has a church and community shop as well as the very popular Bedfordshire Golf Club which is only 1/2 mile away with its 18 and 9 hole course and clubhouse. For commuters there is very easy access to Bedford, Northampton, Olney and Milton Keynes with mainline station at Bedford with frequent trains into London in under an hour.

Distances: Bedford 4.3 miles, Bedford Train Station 4 Miles, Milton Keynes Miles 12.3 miles, Cambridge 38.4 Miles, St Albans 37.4 Miles, London 60.6 Miles
  • Make Enquiry
  • Floorplan

Map & Nearby

Location Summary

Stewartby, Wootton & Kempston Rural


Stewartby was designed to house the workers of the London Brick Company who worked at Stewartby’s Brickworks.

Home to the world’s biggest kiln, at height of production it produced 18 million bricks.

The Brickworks finally closed in 2008, although the 4 chimneys in Stewartby have been preserved to act as a reminder of Bedfordshire’s contribution to the industry.

It has a small train station which runs on the Marston Vale rail line between Bedford and Bletchley.

Sixth form education is delivered by Kimberley College, specialist in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) and is open to students across Bedford to Milton Keynes.

With lower school education served by Broadmead Lower School and later years by neighbouring Marston Vale Middle School.

Various sports and social clubs are run in the village and it has a playground, and it is very close to Marston Vale Forest Centre.



South west of Bedford, adjacent to Kempston and Stewartby, is Wootton a large village which like Stewartby has a long history with brickworks.

Alongside traditional timber houses are new residential developments. Wootton House, a large 17th century redbrick house and the Church of St Mary the Virgin dated from the 14th century maintain Wootton’s history.

The village has both lower and upper schools, alongside small shops, 3 pubs, library and village hall and as it develops there are plans to add more community amenities and shops.

It is also close to the larger supermarkets and retail parks in Kempston.

Kempston Rural was formed in 1986 when the town of Kempston was divided into Kempston (town) and Kempston Rural.

A number of hamlets are included within this area, the largest being Box End, adjacent to Biddenham to the north and Wood End to the south. Kempston Rural Primary School sits above Wood End.

Box End Water Park & Corner 5 Restaurant is a big attraction to visitors.

A large aqua park with mega water slide, ninja trail, stand up paddle boarding and cable tow with conference, wedding facilities and lakeside views from the restaurant.