Property SummaryOpportunity to acquire this potential development site, available unconditional or on a subject to planning basis for a scheme of c10 dwellings. The total site extends to 0.82 acre (0.33 ha) and has an open aspect to the rear overlooking open fields.
- OFFERS BY 12 NOON ON FRIDAY 20th NOVEMBER
- 0.82 ACRE (0.33 ha) SITE
- UNCONDITIONAL or SUBJECT TO PLANNING
- EXPECTED TO DELIVER UP TO 10 DWELLINGS
- CIL PAYMENT PAYABLE TO BEDFORD BOROUGH COUNCIL
- DESIRABLE NORTH BEDFORDSHIRE VILLAGE
- OPEN ASPECT TO REAR OVERLOOKING FIELDS
- WELL SITUATED FOR TRANSPORT LINKS
- 30% AFFORDABLE HOUSING REQUIRED ON 10 OR MORE DWELLINGS
- VIEWINGS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Opportunity to acquire this potential development site, available unconditional or on a subject to planning basis for a scheme of c10 dwellings. The total site extends to 0.82 acre (0.33 ha) and has an open aspect to the rear overlooking open fields.
Carlton is a highly desirable north Bedfordshire village adjacent the River Great Ouse seven miles north west of Bedford.
Bedford is conveniently situated for access to the A421 dual carriageway linking the A1 and M1 motorways and is 14 miles to the east of Milton Keynes and 25 miles to the west of Cambridge. Bedford main line railway station has fast, frequent trains to London St Pancras International.
*The land is classed as an opportunity development site in the Carlton and Chellington Neighbourhood and Development Plan 2018 ? 2030 (copy available on request) and is expected to deliver up to 10 dwellings, including one self-build plot.
*Local plan requirement for 30% affordable housing on schemes of 10 or more dwellings
*A CIL payment will be payable to Bedford Borough Council at the rate of £100 / m2 + indexation.
An indicative layout is available detailing 9 private dwellings (including one self-build plot). Following review of the Neighbourhood Plan, prospective purchasers must decide on an appropriate unit mix for their schemes and provide a supporting sketch layout with any offer submitted.
Bedford Council maintain a database of self-build applicants.
A new access(s) will need to be created direct from The Causeway.
All utilities are thought to be available in The Causeway, but prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries with respect to availability and cost of connections.
Existing Wayleaves, Easements and Rights of Way:
The land is to be sold subject to and with the benefit of all wayleaves, easements and rights of way whether or not mentioned in these details.
The land is to be sold freehold. It is currently subject to a grazing licence but will have vacant possession on completion.
*Sale by Informal Tender. Conditional or Unconditional offers are invited.
*Informal Tenders are to be submitted via an official Informal Tender form in a sealed envelope clearly marked ?Informal Tender for Land at The Causeway, Carlton? by 12 noon on Friday 20th November.
Conditions of sale:
(1) The purchaser is to exchange contracts within 20 working days from when their solicitors receive draft contract documentation.
(2) The purchaser is to pay a 10% deposit on exchange of contracts. If the contract is conditional, then this is to be refundable if planning permission is refused by the local planning authority and upheld in any subsequent appeal.
(3) If conditional, the purchaser is to submit a suitable planning application within six weeks from exchange of contracts.
(4) Legal completion is to take place within 20 working days from exchange of contracts if unconditional or from receipt of planning permission if conditional.
Strictly by prior appointment via Compass.
Compass Land & Development for themselves, and for the vendors of the land, whose agents they are, give notice that; (A) These particulars are produced in good faith, but are set out as a general guide only and do not constitute any part of a contract; (B) No person in the employment of Compass Land and Development has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty what so ever to the land October 2020. These details are presented subject to Contract and without prejudice.