Seven water safety boards have been installed at areas of open water in Bedford Borough, thanks to a partnership with Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue, Bedford Borough Council and...
Fire recruits
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service’s (BFRS) On-Call Firefighter trainee programme has welcomed five new recruits. After a selection process...
Firefighters
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS) has five new full time firefighters, after five of its On Call firefighters successfully completed a further...
Beds firefighters ladder group shot
2019 has brought about a fresh call from Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue (BFRS) for more women and ethnic minority groups to become whole time Firefighters...
Kempston Fire Cadets
Kempston Fire Cadets showed off their skills to family and friends at a demonstration and pass out parade on Monday 22 July. The evening event was held at Bedfordshire Fire...
Bedford residents are being urged to sign up for the extra support that could be available to them in the event of a power cut...
Kempston Fire Station NHS
Firefighters at Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service got creative to praise NHS workers for their service during the coronavirus pandemic. Watch Commander...
New Bombay
The New Bombay Restaurant, which suffered fire damage on Sunday afternoon, will be closed for the foreseeable future says the owner. As they now decide what to do next, they told the Bedford Independent that they would...
Fire Service awarded
Over the last year, an impressive £72,352 has been raised for the Fire Fighters Charity by the county’s fire service - nearly £10,000 more than they...
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue are asking people to help them put out fires before they've started by making it hard for arsonists to find things to burn. May is Arson Awareness Month and...
Beds Fire and Rescue
How safe are Bedford's high rise buildings? Fire Service set to complete extensive safety checks to prevent the tragedy that hit Grenfell Tower...
BFRS Christmas Safety
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS) have released a shocking video to remind people to keep safety at the top of their Christmas list. The video shows how a fire caused by faulty...