A large fire broke out at a waste management site in Elstow on Saturday morning (6 August), requiring eight fire engines to put it out. Around 60 tonnes of household waste at the Veolia Waste Management...
Beds Fire and Rescue
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue (BFRS) has urged motorists to avoid the area while they deal with a large field fire in Cranfield. The blaze is in an area covering 800m x 800m of...
Following a number of water-related incidents around the county in recent weeks, including the tragic death of a teenager from Bedford, Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS)...
The impact of a break in and fire at the Elstow Pilgrim’s Way Scout Hut on Wednesday evening has been described as “huge” and “devastating” by a committee member for the 78th Bedford Scouts...
A fire has broken out in fields in Renhold and drivers are being advised to avoid the area as roads into the village have been closed. Allison Prior shared her video of the blaze...
Fire crews have attended a stubble fire in fields in Renhold, which began at around 2pm today (Tuesday). Two firefighters and a police officer were hospitalised suffering...
Redwood Grove explosion police cordon
Structural engineers have told emergency services investigating the Redwood Grove explosion that they may be able to search the main affected block of flats quicker than expected...
Two people have been hospitalised following this morning's explosion at a block of flats at Redwood Grove off Elstow Raod this morning (Monday). One has been taken to...
Bedfordshire Fire crews were in attendance at Sainsbury's in the Saxon Centre, Kempston on Monday (4 July) after a fire broke out. The store signage and part of the fascia was...
Beds Fire and Rescue
Redwood Grove near Elstow Road is closed and all emergency services are in attendance following a major incident this morning. An eyewitness said there had been a loud explosion...
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue has confirmed that there was no mains gas supply to Redwood Court and they remain "unable to make any conclusions as to the cause of the explosion...
Photo credit: Wioletta Wysocka
Bedfordshire Fire Service say the fire at Six's nightclub on Lurke Street started in an air conditioning unit in the roof of the building. Four pumps were called to the scene...